Saturday, January 14, 2012

Monday, January 9, 2012


Today was the first day of my INTERNSHIP!!!!! I left the house at 7:50 and got to the hospital at 8:30. Not too bad. The hospital is only about 25 minutes from my house, but with traffic and the rain, it slowed me down a little. I didn’t have to be at the hospital until 9, so I just hung out and walked around until I met up with the other interns.
We met Alana, our internship supervisor at 9:00. She is WONDERFUL. She gave us a tour of the hospital… which is huge by the way. We didn't even see the whole hospital. I could not tell you how to get one place in there… except the food court. And yes, I said… food court. This is no normal hospital cafeteria. Oh no! This is the Calmelot Court. Full of awesomeness. Anyway, the hospital is massive. We walked around, then attended a ‘boundary training’ session. Then did paperwork. Lots of paperwork. Then we had lunch, then did more paperwork. There are so many assignments!!! But they are all great assignments!!!
One of my assignments is to follow a child throughout the entire surgery process!!! I get to sit in on a surgery!!!! Surgical scrubs and all!! HECK. YES.
Also, I am so legit that I have a beeper!! Yep. A beeper. So 1996. Haha.
Today was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment