Thursday, January 19, 2012

blick

I worked on the oncology unit today. It was a very dramatic day. Very chaotic, and very... emotional.
So....
I went for a run today. I hate running. I hate it so much. But, I needed this. I needed to blow off some steam and just... run. Tragic things happen. I am learning that every day during this internship. Bad things happen to good people.
It just sucks having to see people I care about go through really rough times.
I wish I could be in Arkansas right now. More than anything, I want to be sitting in sweat pants, watching FRIENDS with the McBrides.
Today was chapel... which means, we had kids chapel at the hospital today. I accompanied a patient to chapel and the story of choice was the story of Naomi and Ruth. I have heard this story a dozen times or more, but it wasn't until today that I really understood it. Ruth stayed with Naomi. She didn't have to. But she loved and cared for her that she stood by her during the rough times. They were not only family, but best friends. This may seem obvious or cheesy, but I really just heard... God. Like, one of the questions the chaplain asked was, "do any of you have anyone that you feel close enough to stand by during really yucky times?" ... and I realized... I do. I have a lot of people that care for me. And more importantly, so do the McBrides. There are so many people that love them and care for them. It is apparent with all of the support they are receiving right now. I am thankful that I have them. I know this post was kind of all over the place, but... my day was kind of all over the place... and I'm lucky I can make sentences.

May God bless and surround this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment