Sunday, March 18, 2012

First week on my new Rotation

My new rotation is cool. Different, but cool.
My new supervisor's name is Terri.
I'm on the Trauma/surgical floor. All of the kids coming out of surgery come to my floor. Well, not all of them, but a lot of them. Our main population is made up of kids that aren't normally in the hospital but are admitted for reasons like appendectomies or broken bones, or random surgeries like that.
Child life's main job on this floor is to get the kids up and walking after their surgery. A lot of kids that have surgery don't want to get up and do anything, but in order for them to go home, they have to. We bribe them will video games and toys. It almost always works. We entice them to come to the playroom, or activities that are taking place around the hospital.
We see a lot of random stuff up here, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment